Monday, March 1, 2010

My recruiting experience.

So at the moment i am in the process of joining the Kentucky Army national guard.
Which is the second time i have gone throw the proses of joining the military.
And as i stated before i went throw the process of Joining the Army before.

And i have come to a conclusion.
The VAST majority of story's about Dishonest Recruiters.
ARE A DAMN LIE!

I have at this point talked to some were on the order of a dozen different recruiter's.
And so far NON of them have lied to me, and none have encouraged me to lie.

I have however seen many people accuse them of lieing.
and i noticed this.
Most people who say they were lied to, just have REALLY picky hearing.

Most of them fall into a few groups.
The.

A:BUT YOU SAID! Group.
People who ask stuff like. "If i get this MOS (Military Occupation Specialty) Will i be sent over sea's?" To which the recruiters answer. "Every one in the army has a change to be sent over sea's, but some jobs are less likely to be deployed then others." And then latter at MEPS. (Military Entry Processing Station) they here that they MIGHT be sent over seas. Then they start in with "BUT I WAS TOLD I WOULDN'T BE!"

I have seen this over Housing, MOS slots, Deployment, and allot of times its over stuff that the recruit didn't tell the recruiter.

B:BUT I WAS TOLD!
Allot of this happens when people talk to other people who have been in the military but have been out for a wile. They come into the recruiting station and think they already know what is going on, not understand that there friend has been out of the loop for 10+ years, and the allot has changed sense 9/11. Or even the Regan years of a 6 million man military.

C:BUT I DON'T WANT TO!
or
C:DO I HAVE TO?
or
C:CAN I GET OUT OF?

This happens when some one comes up and asks something to the effect of one of the following.
"Do i have to go to basic if i just want to be a cook?"
"Can i join the National Guard and get them to pay for my school and then leave as soon as I'm done with college?"
"Can i get a job that i know i wont be deployed wile I'm in?"

Look i can understand that some people don't want to do Basic. Or commit 6 to 8 years of there life to the Army, or even the national guard.
But the thing is, you ether get over it, or Don't joint.


The fact of the matter is that the first Recruiter i had, was so honest that he most likely effected his own job performance. He once told a guy who asked him what being Infantry was like.
"You kick in doors and shoot people for a liv'in. There bad people and you know it. You sleep in dirt, and in vehicles. You walk around knowing your a target and some one might shoot you, and every now and then some one dies, maybe some one you know, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it."

The guy he told that to became a cook by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment